Well, this time I really did it! Hashimotos Thyroiditis isn’t the only culprit in my health woes! It took a very scary few months to finally allow the thought that mercury could very well be poisoning me and even more so while eating a healthy, thyroid-friendly diet! Why now? Why worse? Well, in the spring of this year I began a diet intended to detox my body and lead me into better health. The only problem was that I didn’t take into account that I already knew I had extremely elevated mercury levels. How did I know that? Take a look at this test taken a couple years ago.

I know, I know….you’re thinking to yourself, “why in the world would she not remove the mercury after she saw those results?” But, you see, removing 8 fillings is very expensive and I thought I “had time” to think about it or save for the event, not really understanding the tremendous amount of damage this issue may have been causing my health. It’s one thing to see it on paper; it’s another thing to understand what exactly the symptoms would be for something like mercury poisoning. That is, unless they presented themselves in a drastic way! And, so they did…when I began my very serious detox diet. That’s what this post will talk about.

If you haven’t heard about Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride’s GAPS Diet, you will likely hear more and more about it from the real food community in the coming months. It has helped countless people overcome serious health challenges by rebuilding the immune system; concentrating seriously on gut health and healing. Knowing I also was diagnosed with Leaky Gut Syndrome by my functional medicine doctor, I knew this was the next thing for me to “tackle” on my journey. I wish I knew in advance how serious this choice was going to be—I would have got my mercury removed first! Because I truly would like to save others from making this mistake, I am making sure I get this post out for you to read.

You see, when your body goes through a detox, it begins to pull out the toxins in preparation of flushing them out of the body. This normally works well for most toxins with a diet as wonderful as the GAPS diet. However, heavy metals are another thing. Those are not easily purged and as in my case, I kept detoxing but my body was not able to get rid of the metals fast enough to protect me from a very bad reaction to the large amount of metal in my blood stream. I did not realize that was the problem and kept detoxing through this diet until my blood pressure hit 200/99 and my resting pulse was well over 120! Just getting out of bed sent my pulse into over-drive and it was so scary; I really didn’t know what was happening to me. All experts I would contact online or in person were also confused as this diet was one of the best diets you could do for the body and the symptoms that are normal would be severe fatigue and perhaps digestive complaints as the system is transitioning to the new diet. You know, the normal “die-off” symptoms anyone who has ever done a detox is aware of.

No, these symptoms were “different” and until I was able to consult with a GAPS practitioner who pinpointed the mercury problem, I was really thinking I was “not going to make it!” I was also having severe brain symptoms (it felt like my brain was pushing out of my head) and dizziness, very unsteady gait, and feeling like I was just going to “drop off” or pass out all the time.

Once I understood the mercury could be the culprit, I went to a dentist that was trained to take mercury out safely and had a consultation with him. If you have doubts that mercury is very dangerous in your mouth, you might want to view the video below showing proof that every time you eat or rub those amalgams, you are releasing mercury into your blood stream as well as creating poisonous mercury vapors.

By just looking at my mercury levels, he couldn’t deny the likelihood I could be suffering from mercury poisoning and recommended I get the amalgams out as soon as possible. This was a hard decision; not whether I should get them out or not, but many experts recommend weeks to months of preparation to get the body in a position to handle the large amount of mercury that would be coming out during the process of the removal. I didn’t have that kind of time and although I knew I had to get it done, I was very hesitant to do it. I didn’t have the money to invest in some of the great support supplements recommended to help my organs during the process but I could only afford to do the minimum option we looked at which was Zeolite powder which helps draw the mercury out of your blood stream and ushers it out of the body. I started using it a few days before my first removal (I had 3 sessions before all were removed) as well as took a high dose of Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C along with supplemental Magnesium that was helping me calm down from that rapid heart rate. I can’t stress enough how important it is to get this done safely! Only a dentist trained in safe removal should do this or you can have even more serious complications from the removal process if it is not done safely! You can find a trained dentist through this website.

I will likely post more about my symptoms pre- and post- mercury removal in the near future, but for now, I just wanted to get the word out so others can decide if they should move forward with this important step before doing a strong detox diet or other similar program.

It is with great pleasure to report that a great portion of the symptoms I had were due to the mercury being released into my body! Any remaining symptoms now can be dealt with in a more confident way. I will continue to remove as much mercury as I can from my body through different detox and cleansing avenues but at least I know there are no more amalgams to sabotage my future efforts! In future posts, I hope to report the results of a follow-up mercury toxicity test so it can be compared to the one above.

Oh, and my blood pressure was measured at my doctor’s office a little over a week ago (just one month after the last removal) at 122/73 with a pulse rate of 66 even after rushing to get to my afternoon appointment. Nothing else had changed…just removing the mercury!

Please consider having your mercury fillings (or any dangerous metals) removed from your mouth before beginning any detox program or healing diet! It could save you a lot of pain or worse!

I hope this blog post has helped you in some way. May you continue to find success in your journey to better health!

This blog post is only an account of my own health journey and is not intended to take the place of a health professional and is not intended to give any medical advice. Please see your doctor before changing your diet or using any new supplements, etc.

 

Disclaimer: All posts are describing my personal journey through health issues and are in no way meant to guide anyone towards any method in particular. I am not a medical practitioner or have a dietary or medical license, and this blog is not intended to be taken as authoritative advice. Please see your doctor, or health professional before making any drastic diet changes! Also, occasionally I find others to partner with whom I have had tremendous help from and therefore, there may be paid advertisements and links to support them and help me financially run this website.
Print Friendly