Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis Support Group
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 08:27:23 PM
586 Posts in 114 Topics by 20184 Members
Latest Member: amannafrellax
Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis Support Group  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (ATTN: Board closed for posting) PLEASE COME TO OUR NEW FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP YOU CAN FIND ON THE FRONT PAGE OF MY BLOG - SEE YOU THERE!)  |  Here's the book I am HIGHLY recommending! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Here's the book I am HIGHLY recommending!  (Read 9993 times)
Mo
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:07:03 PM »

This book has ground breaking information for us Hashimoto's sufferers. I encourage you to get a copy.

Here's the best price I've found!

This book can really help you work together with your doctor to get the tests you need and educate you other ways to find progress in your symptoms.

If you have time to listen to a comprehensive interview with this doctor, here is a link to a recent interview:

http://thyroidbook.com/audio/part1feb2.mp3

http://thyroidbook.com/audio/feb2oneradionetwork.mp3

You will be so happy to hear some of the validations he is giving to us as sufferers!

Mo Smiley
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:11:09 PM by Mo » Logged
michelentim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 07:38:28 PM »

This book has ground breaking information for us Hashimoto's sufferers. I encourage you to get a copy.

"http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=wwwmyhashimot-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=1600376703&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr"

This book can really help you work together with your doctor to get the tests you need and educate you other ways to find progress in your symptoms.

Mo Smiley
Thank you!  I just recently heard about that book.
Michele

kinshealth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 12:15:14 PM »

Mo Smiley

Exciting! Thank you!
Betsy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »

I'm now doing a 12-week wellness program run by a group of chiropractors who use Dr. K's protocols. They told me they even consult with Dr. K. regarding patients at times. I'm pretty excited about it. My husband is doing the program also, although he doesn't have Hashi's. We're in the first month, finishing up a detox/elimination diet at the moment.
Mo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 11:57:24 AM »

Wow! Awesome you were able to find these doctors. Let us know how it goes. That's what this forum is all about. Using each other's experiences in order to help us all as a whole.

I am going to post some "stuff" up on the forum this week regarding some of my journey notes and some "conclusions" I am coming to.

We will all have to assess things based on the info we all have from our own journeys.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Please keep us posted.

Mo Smiley
Betsy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 04:35:24 PM »

I'll do that, Mo.

I should have mentioned that the way I found the doctors is by contacting Apex Energetics through their website. They make the supplements recommended by Dr. K. I just asked who uses their protocols and got two names.
Andrea

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 11:29:17 AM »

Hi Mo, I just found your forum. A couple years ago I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's and Hypothyroidism by alternative practitioners only. My regular doctor did not feel my numbers warranted any thyroid supplements yet. Nonetheless, I have been tinkering around with trying to get the right dose of Synthroid. One alternative practitioner wanted me on both synthroid and also the one for T4. But that made me feel very jittery so now I am just taking 25 mcg of the synthroid. I don't have a weight problem, although truthfully my belly is bigger than it used to be but I figured that was from menopause, I am 51. My  height is 5'7" and my weight is 130 so no problem there. My energy level is pretty good, but I do suffer from that early AM insomnia for the past several years. I definitely do not have a problem with being too tired, I wish I could be more tired and sleep better. 

I have been  trying the gluten free thing again for the past 6 weeks. I know I am not 100%  perfect on it but pretty close. I don't really see a difference with  my symptoms. The mold and corn ideas are very interesting because I have severe allergies, live in the highly allergy prone northwest and am sure my body is full of mold. I've been eating lots of corn because it was one of the few grains that is gluten free. Darn!  This is very hard and overwhelming too. I have been seeing an acupuncturist to try and deal with the allergies, it sounds like my diet might be the worst culprit.

I will check out the book, and maybe try a natural cleanse of some sort. I'll ask the acupuncturist I am seeing about the corn abstinence. Thanks for all of the great information and I'll stay updated with the forum.
Mo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 06:57:07 AM »

Andrea,

Thank you for telling us about your journey. I sure am interested in it. I love the way we can share our stories. I, too, concentrated on corn when going gluten free BUT as you said, I believe there could be harm there too. It gets frustrating!

I'm so glad the site is helping others. Together, I believe we will find the best ways to minimize or reverse this disease.

I still think the gut is the place to start too.... but, the question burning in my mind, after a cleanse, will the problem find it's way back? UGH!

Keep us posted. NAET helped me tremendously with my food sensitivities though!

Mo

Smiley
tinkerwdw

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 02:49:39 PM »

I LOVE this book and have been reccomending it to friends.  I started seeing one of the Dr. that the book reccommends, but unfortunately I can't afford to keep seeing him.  (My first and only visit was $550, with my next visit going to be $800).  I so wish that "regular" doctors would start listening to their patients and knowing how to treat this condition!!!
I am now trying to follow his practices on my own and see how that goes...
Mo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 08:20:47 AM »

Let us know how it goes. The good news is that the author of this book IS spreading the word and from that, there may be other methods to formulate that might be a cheaper route by other doctors.

I think the book is a GREAT references book even if a person can't get to the protocol. I personally think there must be an easier way. But until someone finds it, it's good to have doctors exposing the truth about this disease. Smiley

Did your first appt. give you enough information to know what to tackle on your own?

Mo Smiley
seabupa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 05:18:22 AM »

Like many of us, I am totally frustrated by traditionally trained doctors. I purchased Dr Kharrazian's book and approached my PCP about finding why my body is attacking my thyroid. His comment: " We don't usually do that, we just give the Synthroid." He did offer to send me to an endocrinologist but I told him I'd think about it. I took a class last year given by a local naturopath who has a store nearby. The problem, like many others is we have a limited income and insurance doesn't cover naturopathic medicine. Now my gall bladder is acting up and I will have a sonogram and another gall bladder function test. My PCP said, then you will have to go see a surgeon. I don't  think so!! Dr Kharrazian's book has been a real eye opener if for no other reason than to recognize that  unless I go the natural way, I will continue to gain weight, feel like a big, fat, lazy toad and get NO help from my PCP. Seeing the diagnosis "depression" really sent me for a loop! Well  yeah!! It's all related there Doc! With a TSH of .8, he isn't about to do any thing any different. So it's either go to an endocrinologist who will probably tell me, "your TSH is normal " and again, nothing will change. So much for eliminating stress!

Sheila
Mo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 08:15:12 AM »

Sheila,

Your story is all too common. I'm sorry.

I am working on informing my forum readers about what I think is the cheapest, most nutritious and realistic way to get our bodies back in balance. I agree with you, even with a lot of money, where are the doctors who really want to work with your NATURALLY?

Hang in there. I will email everyone once I get my information straight - it should be this weekend or Monday at the latest.

I believe there ARE answers out there.

Re: your gallbladder; do you feel pain after eating or is is consistent? Here's something I did years ago and it worked great. I was having gallbladder pain (bad) and instead of going the way traditional medical docs were telling me to go (pills, tests, etc - like you), I began to look into methods of easing up those foods that aggravated my gallbladder (keeping a journal and not eating whatever triggered and eating things that didn't). This lead me to low fat (for a short time), LEMON WATER every time I drank (it can break down and soften any stones) and did so as often as possible - I squeezed a slice of lemon into every glass of water I drank. That I think was key to helping me. But I also ate bland food for a while and when I found a food that didn't bother me, I would continue with it more often until my symptoms finally subsided. I had a BAD case and it took about 6 weeks but since then, if I've ever had it act up (only a couple times), it only took a day or two to relieve the pain and get back on track.

I am sure there are other natural ways to alleviate gallbladder symptoms but that's what I remember at the moment. It was then that I stopped going to traditional doctors for my stomach/thyroid ailments and began the road to natural remedies and doctors. I have never regretted that choice and it's been about 15 years!

I am glad the book helped you see some of the deception out there. Many of us thyroid people are being lead to more and more drugs without any chance of reversing or changing the underlying problems that continue to breed more problems.

I'll be posting that info soon. I think you will be interested. Take care...

Mo Smiley
Pages: [1]
Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis Support Group  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (ATTN: Board closed for posting) PLEASE COME TO OUR NEW FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP YOU CAN FIND ON THE FRONT PAGE OF MY BLOG - SEE YOU THERE!)  |  Here's the book I am HIGHLY recommending! « previous next »
    Jump to: